Opticom for Emergency Vehicle Pre-Emption
Fire and Emergency Medical Services agencies face a constant struggle to improve response times and the safety of responders, even while shrinking budgets limit their flexibility. According to a 2009 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) report, the largest number of firefighter deaths (38%) occurs while responding to or returning from alarms. And each minute of delay in arriving on scene reduces the effectiveness of fire and emergency medical services personnel to protect lives and property. Opticom™ Priority Control Solutions can help. The world leader in emergency vehicle preemption, Opticom systems provide quantifiable results (references available upon request) to help you ensure safer, faster arrival on scene, while maximizing your resource investments.
- Reduce intersection crash rates by up to 70%
- Decrease liability of crashes where motorists are injured
- Lower costs for replacing emergency vehicles damaged in crashes
- Cut response times by up to 25%
- Increase adherence to NFPA Standard 1710
- Reduce investment required in stations and vehicles
- A single solution that benefits multiple public service agencies—fire, EMS, law enforcement and transit—significantly reducing investment cost to the community
- A secure, encoded system that ensures only authorized users gain access to the emergency vehicle preemption system, while supporting mutual and automatic aid strategies
- The only solution on the market that allows your community to leverage existing infrastructure by integrating multiple priority control technologies, including infrared and GPS/radio
- Opticom™ Central Management Software is designed to integrate into back-office applications to maximize system performance and security
- Includes feature-rich functionality, such as evacuation, real time monitoring with a GIS map, turn signal dependent features, and time synchronization for signal controllers
For more information about the product...