Opticom Infrared 794T LED Emitter
On-time reliability is critical to building ridership on public transit systems. That's why so many communities are looking to Transit Signal Priority (TSP) with the Opticom™ Infrared System. The green light advantage provided by the Opticom system can give your buses the natural, non-disruptive tool they need to stay right on schedule. And the Opticom system can bring you the value of bus rapid transit with minimal impact on traffic. The Opticom system can also help reduce fuel and maintenance costs by minimizing stop-and-go driving.
A key component of the Opticom system is coded infrared emitters, mounted on your transit vehicles, that communicate with intersection signal light controllers. Traditionally, these emitters have operated with conventional strobe technology. The new Opticom™ Infrared System Model 794T LED Emitter features LED technology, a far more power-efficient and durable method for transmitting coded information to intersections.
- High-efficiency LEDs require up to 90% less electrical power than conventional emitters, conserving power for other onboard equipment.
- LED technology provides a higher level of consistent performance over the life of the emitter.
- Optional visible indicator lights provide operational status and advanced diagnostic information.
- Designed to replace Opticom 792T emitters—no need to rewire or change mounting.
- Provides transit signal priority to all intersections equipped with Opticom infrared systems.
- Coded signal transmissions allow traffic officials to manage, track and control usage of the Opticom system and to block unauthorized vehicles from using it.
- Built-in power supply simplifies installation.
- Performance range up to 2,500 feet.
For more information about the product...